Thursday, November 12, 2009

Omegle

So, in case you haven't heard of it, Omegle is this site where you chat with strangers. You don't have a profile or anything and there is no way to contact the same Stranger twice. Unless you give out random personal information like AIM or Facebook (though why you would do that I have no idea).
But then again, parenthesis, I'm kind of paranoid. And the most information I've given out on Omegle is that I live in the US. Because the US is kind of a big place.

I've had some awesome conversations on that site. It is totally possible.
If you try it, don't be discouraged by the "a/s/l?" or the "horny female" people. There are other people out there. Who know things like punctuation and grammar and how to spell the word 'you'.
I've had conversations about zombies, the end of the world, edible cell diagrams, and music. And other things, too. And not about how horny I am.
I was even dubbed some random name, once. So they called me that instead of "Stranger".
I do not tell random people on the internet my name.

So. I don't tell random people stalkery information about myself. But every single time that they decided on guessing how old I am, if I'm male/female (the latter one people, and I don't feel sketched out by saying that because A) that's like half the world population and B) maybe I'm lieing because I'm actually some creepy 50 year old balding man who just pretends to be a girl on the internet to get fourteen year old boys to cyber with him. That's how I think, people. That's why I don't tell people about myself on the internet. Because there are people like the balding man. There are even people who aren't balding, but still don't have girlfriends or boyfriends or dolphins (do not look up how to have sex with dolphins. somebody told me that. i did not take them seriously. you should take me seriously. don't. do it.) or whatever would make them happy).

So anyway.
They always guess correctly. Every single time. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but they're always right? I guess it's good to know I'm everybody's ideal, I guess.

Stranger: how old are you?
You: old enough to know better, young enough to get away with watching disney movies.
Stranger: good answer
Stranger *proceeds to guess my age correctly*

The hell. That should cover a good decade of years or so. Man.
Guess I'm transparent in my usage of the vernacular of the younguns these days.

No comments: